Camp Grimes Campsite Preference Policy
- The first opportunity to state a preference for a site for the next summer
will be at Camp Grimes during the week a troop is in camp. A troop
has until Friday noon of their week to reserve their same site and same week.
There is a $150.00 site reservation deposit. This is a
deposit against camper fees; it is not an additional fee. If your plans change and you do not attend Camp Grimes, then the deposit is non-refundable.
- At Friday noon any troop in camp may reserve any un-reserved site in the
same week, or a previous week.
- After the week is over, (Saturday) any site from a previous week is available to any
troop that has been at Camp Grimes this summer.
- After the camping season is over all unreserved sites and weeks are open to
- The Camp Director and Ranger will establish a minimum and maximum number
each site holds. The troop must make camper deposits by December 31 to continue to hold
the campsite reservation. The number of campers must meet the minimum number for the campsite
- If a troop arrives at camp and its numbers do not fit a site they reserved,
they will be subject to being moved to a site they fit or another
troop added to the site.
- Two troops may reserve a site together to meet the size requirement.
- Campsites 11 and 13 are designated ADA accessible and
consideration will be given to Scouts needing this access.
- Troops are not required to reserve a site and will be placed in one that
Camp Grimes Campsite Capacities
|Campsite||Minimum||Youth Capacity||Leader Tents||Total||Type of Shelter||Electric||Photos|
- LEADER TENTS ARE 10'X12' = 120 SQ. FT.
- YOUTH TENTS (WIDE WALL) ARE 9'6 X 7'6 = 72 SQ.FT.
- CAMPSITES ARE ON HIGHLY ERODIBLE SOIL REASON FOR TENT CAP
Please account for BSA Youth Protection Standards and female adult Scouters
when considering your site.
* Sites with preferences for ADA accessible Scouting.
+ Site is set up for two troops, if needed.